Since this is the first of several to come, officially planned updates, these updates will be called ‘patches’. Patches are going to be updates that can range from minor to overhauling changes.
This first patch focuses mainly on helping create a better, player-run economy and add better ways to earn money (that can’t be effectively abused). As it has been, earning money has been far too easy, and has left the server’s currency to be pretty much worthless. One of the main parts to this patch is that everyone’s money is completely reset. This is so that everyone gets off to a fresh start.
- Everyone’s money has been reset to $100.
- Amount of money given by ranking up has been significantly reduced in proportion to the new worth of every dollar.
- Donators have the extra amount of money specified on the donations page.
- The money, but not the XP, in the banks has been reset to zero for everyone.
- The interest given every 6 hours has been reduced from 1.1% to 0.5%.
- The server no longer has server-owned shops.
- Now is a good time for players to set some up and advertise them ;]
- Take the money – You can now get a percentage of a player’s money by killing them.
- You will only get a percentage of the amount that they have on them, and not in their bank.
- You can disable PVP for yourself by using the ‘/pvp’ command.
- Wanted, Hitman – Have a player you want to take revenge on? Set a bounty on their head! Bounties can be put on a players head by using the ‘/bountyassign <victim> <bounty>’ command.
- View a list of available bounties by using the ‘/bountylist <page>’ command.
- Accept a bounty request by using the ‘/acceptbounty <victim>’ command.
- McMMO - McMMO is now enabled.
- Play with other players easier by making a party using the ‘/party’ command!
- You can teleport to other players in your party by using the ‘/ptp’ command!
- Talk to your party only by using the ‘/p’ command!
- Level your skills in gathering and combat to get bonuses in those skills!
- Jobless – Jobs are no longer available.
- Money is still available as a reward for the mob arena.
- You can now earn your money or items through trading or selling from your shops.
- Create shops using this format on a sign in front of a chest of goods.
- Creepy stuff in the caves – You should now be very afraid to be in a dark place…
- Things will also happen if you are mining deep underground.
- Mythic spell tomes and items await you.. - You may find a few new, cool items while doing your day-to-day things.
- Be careful, some of those artifacts can harm you!